Training includes the practical skills and knowledge to:
- Prepare and check emergency patient vehicles and equipment
- Ensure faults in the emergency vehicle and equipment are remedied
- Convey and receive necessary information relating to emergency transport using available modes of communication
- Load, unload and secure patient and equipment for emergency transportation
Alternatively you can Contact Us directly – we are here to help.
HLTAMB014 – Transport non-emergency patients under operational conditions is a pre-requisite for entry into this unit. Applicants must also possess a full drivers licence (Provisional or Learner permit drivers are not eligible).
This short course involves 1 day of training and includes a blend of theoretical and practical skill based elements.
To successfully complete HLTAMB003 participants need to demonstrate:
- An ability to check the safety of the emergency transport vehicle
- An ability to safely transport 3 different emergency patients under operational conditions including the loading and unloading of the patient
- Driving skills suited to specific emergency situations and the case being attended
- An ability to assess and analyse available driving routes and resources
- An ability to make decisions that ensure the efficient and safe driving of vehicles under different operational conditions, ensuring the safe transport of emergency patients
- An understanding of organisation policy and procedures for vehicles used for transportation of emergency patients along with the equipment in vehicles and vehicle checks
- An understanding of relevant acts, regulations and organisation policies procedures related to transport of emergency patients including the road rules when driving emergency vehicles
- Use of communications equipment and systems for transporting emergency patients
To be assessed as Competent the participant is required to:
- Participate in activities and scenarios as directed by the trainer
- Successfully complete a series of multiple choice questions
- Demonstrate the application of practical skills required for this unit of competency outcome.
On successful completion, participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAMB003 – Transport emergency patients.
For some Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, this unit may also contribute towards nationally recognised qualifications. The training may also provide an opportunity for professional development by increasing skills, knowledge and application in the work or home environment.
Our trainers all hold a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and have current, extensive experience in the community as Health Care professionals, Paramedics or Nurses. We offer the highest standards of knowledge and skills transfer, supported by up-to-date, relevant information on industry practices and protocols.
This unit contributes to many Nationally Recognised Training Qualifications which is recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.