This course is ideal if you’re looking to expand upon a suite of first aid skills and study a substantial qualification to gain employment in the private sector as a medic at events, public gatherings and more!
Once qualified, a range of opportunities will exist for you within State/Territory ambulance authorities, non-emergency transport companies and private organisations who provide emergency and non-emergency patient care and transport services.
Our course is designed and delivered by health professionals who collectively have extensive industry experience within various public and private health organisations throughout Australia.
We deliver critical theoretical knowledge components supported by comprehensive competency based practical skills and assessments. Our programs are continually reviewed to meet the changing needs of the industry and incorporate the latest developments in pre-hospital care, including alignment to current Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines and emergency/life support ambulance practices.
Our course design allows you the flexibility to manage and balance your studies around your busy work/life commitments.
WANT MORE INFORMATION?
If you would like to find out more or apply to enrol in our Certificate IV in Health Care qualification, go to the Enquire Now tab on our website and submit an online enquiry.
You’ll be provided with a direct link to our comprehensive e-COURSE GUIDE for this qualification, and we will also assess whether you’ll be eligible for government funding to study this course.
To qualify for admission into this course, you will be required to demonstrate that you have:
- Adequate language, literacy and numeracy skills to progress through the course
- Adequate computer and digital literacy skills
- A current and unrestricted Australian State or Territory full driver’s license
- No known physical restrictions that will limit your ability to complete the course
- Access to the required technology (computer/laptop/webcam etc)
As part of our enrolment process, you will undergo a pre-training interview to discuss if the course is the most suitable and appropriate training option for you.
This qualification is scheduled for a duration of 9 months of study. You may take up to 12 months to complete this course in order to ensure you complete your mandated placement hours.
You will undertake:
- Live zoom classes held in the evening, once a week
- 2 extra scheduled live zoom student support classes with your trainer
- 8 clinical practice workshops spread over the duration of the course at our customised training facility in Tullamarine
- 80 hours of external student placement
16 units of competency are required to complete this qualification, comprising of 9 core units plus 7 elective units.
Manage a scene
Assess and deliver basic clinical care
Implement safe access and egress
Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
Confirm physical health status
Work with diverse people
Communicate in complex situations to support health care
Follow safe work practices for direct client care
Manage personal stressors in the work environment
Transport non-emergency patients under operational conditions
Transport emergency patients
Provide Advanced First Aid
Recognise healthy body systems
Communicate and work in health or community services
Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
Support effective workplace relationships
On successful completion of this course, you will be awarded a Testamur and Record of Results in HLT41120 Certificate IV in Health Care – a nationally recognised qualification.
You will be eligible for a Statement of Attainment for any units you have been fully assessed in as competent should you not complete the course.
Potential job roles you could expect to apply for:
- Basic Life Support Medic (BLS)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Ambulance community/volunteer officer
- Industrial medic (mining/oil & gas/construction)
- Private company medic
- Emergency Patient Transport Officer (PTO)
- Emergency Medical Dispatcher (Call Centre)
First Intervention has been approved under the 2021 Victorian Skills First Program to offer government subsidised training places to eligible individuals for this qualification.
Go to https://www.firstintervention.com.au/course-fees/ to see the course fees for this qualification.
There are 3 categories of fees and only 1 category can apply to a person.
1. Eligible for Government funding with concession
2. Eligible for Government funding
3. Ineligible for Government funding
Upskill to the Diploma of Emergency Health Care after completing the Certificate IV in Health Care – you’ll have credit transfers for 13 units, leaving only 4 more units of competency to study in order to graduate as a Diploma qualified Ambulance Transport Attendant.
Train with confidence – through our quality program that is both comprehensive and hands-on and focuses on developing your proficiency of skills and knowledge.