Training includes the practical skills and knowledge to provide:
- Advanced first aid resuscitation techniques including life support
- Management of any casualties and coordination of the incident and other first aiders until the arrival of medical assistance
Alternatively you can Contact Us directly – we are here to help.
There are no formal entry requirements however sound English language, literacy and numeracy skills are required.
This short course involves 6 hours of training and includes a blend of theoretical and practical skill based elements.
HLTAID007 covers the following topics:
- Responsibilities of the First Aider in evaluating and responding to an emergency situation
- Chain of Survival
- Knowledge of the Cardiopulmonary System
- Safe handling and application of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Safe handling and application of supplementary Oxygen
- Airway Management
- Storage and maintenance of equipment required to administer advanced first aid
- Casualty handover – communication of details to emergency services personnel
- Infection Control procedures
To successfully complete this short course, participants need to demonstrate:
- An ability to perform uninterrupted CPR on both infants and adults in line with ANZCOR Guidelines
- An ability to respond to simulated emergency scenarios relevant to their workplace/community setting
- Knowledge of State/Territory regulations, First Aid codes of practice and workplace procedures
- An understanding of legal, workplace and community considerations relevant to providing advanced resuscitation support
- An understanding of other key considerations when administering advanced resuscitation
- An understanding of anatomy and physiology relevant to providing advanced resuscitation support
To be assessed as Competent the participant is required to:
- Participate in activities and scenarios as directed by the trainer
- Successfully complete a series of multiple choice questions
- Demonstrate the application of practical skills required for this unit of competency outcome.
On successful completion, participants will be issued with a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment for HLTAID007 – Provide advanced resuscitation.
For many Vocational Education and Training (VET) courses, this unit may also contribute towards nationally recognised qualifications. The training may also provide an opportunity for professional development by increasing skills, knowledge and application in the work or home environment.
The law requires employers to provide a safe working environment and adequate facilities for the welfare of their employees. This means that appropriate First Aid measures need to be in place, including First Aid kits and suitably trained First Aid Officers who hold current qualifications.
Workcover’s First Aid in the Workplace Code of Practice in New South Wales and WorkSafe’s First Aid In The Workplace – Compliance Code in Victoria both outline an employers’ obligation to keep the qualifications of their First Aid Officers current.
This short course allows you to refresh and maintain your knowledge of the essential skills required to perform Advanced CPR, in line with the Australian and New Zealand Committee on Resuscitation (ANZCOR) guidelines. Re-certification is recommended on an annual basis.
We can also track and notify you when a First Aid recertification is required for you or your team.
Our trainers all hold a Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and have current, extensive experience in the community as Health Care professionals, Paramedics or Nurses. We offer the highest standards of knowledge and skills transfer, supported by up-to-date, relevant information on industry practices and protocols.
This unit contributes to many Nationally Recognised Training Qualifications which is recognised within the Australian Qualifications Framework.